The Williams Funeral Home was founded in 1893 by Philip Richard “Dick” Williams and is one of the oldest Funeral businesses in the province of Ontario. Over the next seven decades the business was passed down through several generations in the Williams Family, including his sons Ernest and Arthur. In the earlier years they occupied a number of different buildings along Talbot Street and in 1929 they purchased the building at 45 Elgin Street, from which we still operate.
In 1965, Gordon Hughson, who had operated the Hughson Funeral Home in Aylmer for the previous twenty-one years, purchased the funeral home and continued the long tradition of dedication and service. Currently, the funeral home is operated by his sons, Allan and Gary Hughson.
Images shown below are a few of the Historical photos from our in-house Archives.